Windows key + h Takes Screenshot On Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Laptop

I use windows key + h shortcut to take screenshots on my Microsoft surface laptop as alternative to snipping tool and third party apps : ShareX and Skitch which I’ve installed on the Windows 10 Pro PC.

After pressing the combination Windows + H keys on the keyboard, I access the screenshot by launching the Screen Sketch app which is accessible by clicking the Windows ink workspace icon in the taskbar.

Right inside the Screen Sketch app, I can annotate and share!

screenshot image editor windows 10

I can share the screenshot on my Windows 10 PC to Mail, OneNote and social networks (Facebook, Twitter etc). Kindly note that you will see the Facebook, Twitter options only if you’ve installed their apps from the the Microsoft store.

 

windows 10 share charm on microsoft surface laptop

 

Combination of WIN key + Shift + S will bring up a snipping toolbar which you can use to snip a rectangle, something a bit more freeform, or full screen and it will go straight to your clipboard and also accessible via the Screen Sketch app.

As at the time of publishing this post, my Screen Sketch app is still bundled with the Windows Ink feature of my Microsoft Surface Laptop Windows 10 Pro but available for download in the Microsoft store as a separate app for Windows 10 version 17636.0 or higher.

Note

The screenshots that you take from pressing Win and H keys are piled up in %temp% folder. So, the best suggestion is to clear out the items of %temp% folder and keep your computer clean. Clearing out the screenshots will eventually make some space on the hard drive.

Recommended Winkey 10 keyboard shortcuts

Winkey + D  =  Shows desktop
Winkey + I    =  Opens Windows 10 settings
Winkey + E   =  Opens Windows 10 settings

0 comments:

Post a Comment